Since 1996 we have been developing CA Programmes and performing effective independent assessments.
SAICA’s high level requirements for an accredited Training Office are summarised below:
- An environment that is clearly conducive to the training of professional accountants
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- A senior person responsible for coordination of training
- Chartered accountants who are capable and willing to act as mentors and Training Officers
- An adequate spread and mix of work:
- Range, depth and continuity of experience
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Continuing quality monitoring and supervision and adequate time for on-the-job training and counselling
As part to of the SAICA registration and accreditation process, it is vital that the organisation undertakes a rigorous assessment of all training opportunities within the organisation which would contribute to the Trainee’s development as a CA. This involves a multi-step process, for which we have developed a unique approach, innovative methodology and data capturing templates. This is referred to as the ON-TOPP generic training plan and it is depicted below.